Is this high-quality heating oil?
Yes! Oil Discounters proudly delivers quality discount heating oil. You also have the option to add our Red Thunder Fuel Treatment for 8¢/gallon. Our Red Thunder Fuel Treatment is a cleaning agent that eliminates water, dissolves sludge, reduces oxidation, and is anti-gel.
What areas do you deliver to?
Oil Discounters delivers quality discount heating oil to the Lehigh Valley, Reading, Pottstown, and surrounding areas. Give us a call at (888) 645-3472 to see if we deliver to your exact address.
Do I have to order online?
No! You can place an order online 24/7, or you can give us a call at (888) 645-3472 to place an order over the phone. We are open Monday-Friday 7am to 5pm.
How soon can I get my heating oil?
Most oil deliveries are made within 2-3 business days under normal weather and operational conditions. Please be aware that deliveries are scheduled on a first come first serve basis. If you are very low on oil, you can select our same day delivery or next business day delivery options for an added fee. Your delivery date will be stated in your confirmation email and a receipt will be left at your door by the delivery person. Oftentimes our drivers may start delivering as early as 5 am. If supplying cash, check, or money order, it might be best to put it out the night before. You may also consider paying via EFT or credit card.
Do I have to be home to receive my heating oil?
No, however the driver must have ready access to your heating oil fill pipe and you must have an operating vent alarm (whistle). Please shovel out your fill pipe during inclement weather so the driver has clear access. The driver will leave a copy of the delivery ticket, including the number of gallons delivered and price per gallon. The only case in which you’d need to be home is for a prime and start due to the fact that the driver needs access to your heating system.
Is there a minimum amount of gallons I must order?
In order to give you the lowest price, we require a minimum order of 150 gallons. If you receive a delivery of less than 150 gallons there will be a $35 small delivery charge in addition to the price per gallon.
Can I use my debit card for payment?
Yes! Oil Discounters gladly accepts debit cards; however, we have seen banks “hold” your pre-authorization. While we enjoy the convenience of debit cards, we want to alert you to this practice with some banks. Please check with your bank to determine how long authorizations are held.
Is my credit card information safe?
Yes! When you place an order your information is stored in an encrypted format for your safety and security.
When will I be charged for my delivery?
Your credit/debit card or EFT will be charged upon clicking the submit order button. If your tank takes less oil than originally purchased you will receive a credit refund within 7 business days to your credit/debit card. For Virtual Check/EFT payments, any remaining credit will be refunded within 30 days. Please be aware that additional time may be needed for your bank’s processing.
Why am I not receiving my confirmation emails from Oil Discounters?
You may need to check your bulk/spam mail bin. Most email providers are similar: check in your options/Anti-Spam or bulk email and change the settings. If this does not correct the issue you may need to contact the provider. In the meantime please contact us and we will access your account for you.
Are there any other fees?
If you receive the number of gallons you have ordered, there are no other fees. Our pricing schedule contains volume discounts, so larger deliveries receive lower prices. If your tank takes a smaller quantity than you ordered, your price per gallon may be higher. Our minimum delivery is 150 gallons so if you receive a delivery of less than 150 gallons, you will be charged for a $35 small delivery charge, in addition to the price per gallon. We also offer same day delivery and next business day delivery for an added fee. If your tank is completely empty, you might require a prime and start. This service is $35 with an oil delivery and is an option when ordering.
Why did I receive less oil than I ordered?
Most likely it is because there was not enough room in your oil tank. Every tank is, or should be, equipped with a vent alarm (whistle). The driver must stop pumping oil when the whistle stops, in order to prevent a potential oil spill on your property. When the whistle stops there is always some space left in your tank. This head room is by design of the manufactures and is done for safety and environmental reasons. For example, a 275 gallon tank has a useable capacity of about 256 gallons.
Why did I receive more oil than I ordered?
You should not receive more oil than you ordered unless you authorized the additional gallons to be delivered. If you receive more gallons than you ordered, you should contact Oil Discounters by phone at (888) 645-3472 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is Saturday considered a business day?
No. Monday through Friday are considered normal business days. However, during the heating season, don’t be surprised if you receive your delivery on Saturday, or even Sunday.
What about my privacy?
We, at Oil Discounters ensure you that we do not sell or distribute our customer list.
What should I do if I am out of oil or have no heat?
There are several things you should do to make sure your family is safe and secure:
1. Make sure that your tank is actually out of oil and your situation is not caused by some other problem. If you have oil, but no heat, you should contact your local heating contractor for service. We recommend Harned Durham Energy for all your home comfort needs. To schedule service please call 610-965-3424, or visit their website at www.HarnedDurhamEnergy.com.
2. If you have already placed an order, check your emailed order confirmation to view your estimated delivery date.
3. If your delivery is not planned for that day send an email to email@example.com stating that you have no heat and ask if it is possible to have your order delivered sooner.
4. Many homeowners have supplemental heat sources, such as wood stoves, fireplaces or electric space heaters. Please use all of these heating appliances in a safe manner.
5. If desired, you can add diesel fuel or kerosene to your heating oil tank. Both of these fuels are safe to use and are distillates, just like heating oil, but are further refined. You can obtain diesel fuel or kerosene from many local fueling stations. Depending upon temperatures and the size of your home, 5 to 10 gallons will heat your home for one or more days.
What does “abnormal weather and operational conditions” mean?
- Poor driving conditions caused by rain, snow, wind, ice, sleet, etc.
- Weather conditions that slow delivery times such as snow or ice on the ground and in driveways and parking lots, wind and temperatures that cause equipment slowdowns.
- Below average temperatures over more than 2 days in a row which cause a significant increase in demand in a short period of time.
- Threat or prediction of storms which may cause significant increase in order volume.
- Abnormal operational conditions can include:
- Mechanical breakdown or malfunctions.
- Labor actions, such as work stoppages, work slowdowns or strikes that negatively impact the ability for a company to conduct their normal business activity.
Delivery companies plan their staffing, fuel supplies, trucks and other delivery assets to accommodate the demand for deliveries under normal conditions. When abnormal conditions occur, which causes increased demand and /or a slowdown in the company’s ability to operate in an efficient manner, delivery delays may occur.